From looking smart at the office to enhancing your body features, investing in quality clothing is so important in today’s society. But what if you’re shopping on a budget or in the process of saving up for a big purchase?
Fortunately, your style and how good you look doesn’t need to be defined by how much you’re willing to spend on your next outfit!
The tips below can save you from choosing between quality and price – start here!
Invest in high-quality, timeless items
When selecting cornerstone items for your wardrobe, make sure you look beyond fast fashion trends. Instead, choose items that are made of high-quality materials and designed to last a lifetime.
Some best practices to follow for a more budget-friendly closet include:
- Choose solid and neutral colors
- Choose timeless prints
- Use less expensive accessories to change and enhance your outfit
- Choose high-quality materials and fabrics such as silk, satin, wool and tweed
- Invest in a few pairs of durable shoes
- Consider investing in a custom-made dress or two
Because these tips involve a larger investment at first, they may seem counterintuitive. However, high-quality items are designed to last longer and enhance your image, thus helping you save money in the long run. And, nothing enhances an outfit like premium clothing items!
Establish money-saving shopping habits
Before starting a purchase, confirm review and acceptance Habits that all successful budget shoppers have:
- Consider outlet shopping
- Check out local thrift stores
- Buy basics (ie: socks) in bulk
- Research and compare prices
- Use a budget app
- Don’t go over budget
- Check for coupons and discounts
- Best time to shop and wait for events like Black Friday
- Don’t give in to impulse shopping – and don’t shop out of desperation!
Ideally, before you set off on your shopping trip, you should have a clear idea of how you want your capsule wardrobe to look and make sure you can easily mix and match all the items.
Use a credit card with cashback rewards
Using a credit card for your purchases can have endless benefits. First, credit card issuers offer unmatched consumer protection policies, which are much safer than cash payments.
What’s more, if you Qualify for a credit card That offers special benefits and rewards, you can avail discounts and cashback when shopping at eligible providers. In some cases, you can even benefit from 3% cashback on online shopping purchases!
When using your credit card to buy clothes, make sure you only spend what you can afford and keep up with the payments!
Complete your style with a (more affordable!) haircut
Elegance is in the details! Even if you’re wearing premium clothes, a messy haircut can throw you off and overshadow your entire outfit.
But haircuts are expensive, right?
luckily, According to the ACCC, you have several options to choose from to save on your next haircut. These include:
- Choose a less expensive salon, usually away from your downtown area
- Ask for the services of a junior stylist instead of a senior professional
- Check to see if you can get your haircut at a local cosmetology school
- Choose a haircut that is easy to maintain and requires less frequent touch-ups
- Learn basic hairstyling skills to take care of your hair in a professional haircut
- Check out coupons and discounts at Groupon
Keep your clothes in the best shape
Once you’ve put together a capsule wardrobe you’re proud to show off, you need to look at how to care for and maintain your clothes.
Learning how to properly wash, dry and store different garments and materials can help you keep your clothes in their best shape for longer. And, don’t forget to iron a dress before wearing it!
Invest in fitness and wellness
Nothing makes you look better than being confident in yourself! Investing in a gym membership and making some time for self-care can help you boost your self-esteem and health, thereby complementing your style. i don’t know what That was missing!